（This translation is for reference purpose only.）
Article 1 (Private information)
- Of all private information, “personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and means information relating to a living individual and those containing a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other descriptions etc. whereby a specific individual can be identified.
- Of all private information, “browsing information and characteristic information” refers to information other than “personal information” as defined above and refers to services used, volunteering activity applied to, products purchased, website pages and advertisements viewed, key words used for online search, date and time of access, accessing method, accessing environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address of the user, cookie information, location information, terminal identification information, etc.
Article 2 (Method of collecting private information)
- The Association may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, driver’s license number, etc. when the user uses the Services or applies for volunteering activities.
- The Association collects browsing information and characteristic information of the user such as services used, products purchased, volunteering activity applied to, website pages viewed, key words used to search, date and time of access, accessing method, accessing environment (including communication status of the device if the access was made using a mobile device and set up details upon usage), IP address, cookie information, location information, terminal identification information, etc. when the user uses the Services or views the page of the Association.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
Purposes of the Association for collecting and using personal information are the following:
- In order to create and develop a culture for individuals to donate
- To provide contents and services
- To act as an intermediary for individuals to make a donation to another organization and to subsequently send information about that organization, etc. to the donor
- To send information from the Association and online news letters such as information on volunteering activities, etc.
- To act as an intermediary for volunteering activities and to send information in relation to such volunteering activities, etc.
- To display registration information such as name, address, contact information and method of payment, etc. as well as information such as services used, products purchased and their cost, etc. to allow users to review and amend their registration information and view their usage
- To use the email address in order to notify or contact the user and to use contact information such as name and address in order to send products or to contact the user as need be
- To use information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, receipt of certified mail, etc. for identification of the user
- To display information that has already been registered with the Association on screen in order to facilitate data input by the user and to forward to other service, etc. as instructed by the user
- In order to respond to enquiries from users, to use information the Association requires to provide services to the user such as contents of the enquiry, details of service usage by the user and contact information
- To create various research data, etc. processed so that individuals cannot be identified
- For any other purposes that arise for the above mentioned purposes
Article 4 (Provision of personal information to third parties)
- The Association will not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user except in cases as set out below. This, however, does not apply to cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws.
- When it is in accordance with the law
- When sending information about donors, etc. to organizations receiving donations, etc.
- When sending information about participants to organizations for which the Association intermediated volunteers (limited to data of participants relevant to individual organizations)
- When sending information about participants to companies contracted out to use specialized website for recruiting and managing applications for volunteers (limited to data of participants relevant to individual companies)
- When there is a need in order to protect a person’s life, body or assets but it is difficult to get the approval from the individual
- When there is a particular need in order to improve public health or the healthy development of children but it is difficult to get the approval from the individual
- When there is a need to cooperate with a government organization or a local authority or someone that was commissioned by them to fulfill their work as required by the law but when there is a risk of endangering fulfillment of such work by getting prior consent of the individual
When the individual has been notified of or there has been a public announcement of the following:
①the purpose of usage that includes provision to third parties
②data items that will be provided to third parties
③method or ways of providing the information to third parties
④that the provision to third parties will stop if requested by the individual
- Notwithstanding the above, the following cases will not fall under the definition of third parties.
- When the Association commissions all or part of the work dealing with personal information within what is needed in order to achieve the purpose of usage
- When personal information is provided as a result of succession of business due to a merger or any other reason
- When the Association is using personal information jointly with another party and when the individual is notified in advance or is in a position to easily know of that fact as well as personal information items that will be used jointly, the range of parties that will be using the information jointly, the purpose of its usage and the name of the person or party that is responsible for the management of such personal information.
Article 5 (Disclosure of personal information)
When an individual requests disclosure of his/her personal information, the Association will disclose without delay to that person. However, if such disclosure falls under any of the following cases, the Association may not disclose all or part of the information and will notify that person without delay if the Association were to decide not to disclose. The Association will charge 1,000 yen (excluding tax) per request as a fee to disclose personal information.
(A) When there is a risk of harming the life, body, assets or any other right and interest of that individual or a third party
(B) When there is a risk that it causes significant obstruction for the Association to carry out its operation properly
(C) When such disclosure were to violate any law
- Notwithstanding the above, the Association will, in principle, not disclose any information other than personal information such as browsing information and characteristic information.
Article 6 (Amendment and deletion of personal information)
- In case the user’s personal information kept by the Association was wrong, the user may request the Association to amend or delete his/her personal information through procedures determined by the Association.
- Once the above mentioned request is made, if the Association were to consider such request to be valid, the Association will amend or delete such personal information without delay and will notify the user accordingly.
Article 7 (Termination of usage of personal information)
When there is a request from the user to terminate usage of or delete his/her personal information (“termination of usage, etc.”) due to his/her personal information being used beyond the purpose of usage or due to it being obtained by unlawful means, the Association will investigate into the matter without delay and based on its result will terminate usage of personal information, etc. and will notify the user accordingly. However, if the termination of usage of personal information, etc. were to incur significant cost or were to be difficult, and if there were to be an alternative means to protect the right and interest of that person, the Association will take that alternative means.
Article 9 (Enquiries)
Please contact below for enquiries regarding this Policy.
Japan Philanthropic Association
Enquiry desk for issues relating to personal information
Shin-Otemachi Building Block 244, 2-2-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
TEL: 03-5205-7580 FAX: 03-5205-7585